I didn't really mean to stay away for so long but the truth is I enjoyed my little vacation from blog land. Last week I celebrated my little boys first birthday. Tuesday was his actual birthday but Saturday we celebrated with a big party that I was a little obsessive over. I made an elaborate banner that fell down every 4 minutes, cupcake stands that got ruined by over frosted cup cakes and monkey cupcakes, my one shining glory. (Although we had 50 cupcakes for the party and maybe needed 20. I still ended up bringing home 30 or so and that was with sending some home with people!)
All in all, I probably could have cut back a bit and saved myself some stress but I still had a great time and I know Jack did too! Sunday night, Kevin and I were treated to a fabulous dinner in the city. We went to Joe's Stone Crab, Seafood and Steakhouse to celebrate my best friend Megan's 30th birthday. Her brother is the assistant manager there and he hooked us up big time. The food was amazing and it was such a nice way to unwind from the crazy week we had. We were also lucky enough to sit right next to some of the Chicago Bears who were dining after that days game. Being a huge football fan, I was a little giddy to know that Devin Hester, Johnny Knox and Tommie Harris were eating right next to me. Though I would have loved to meet them, it was a classy establishment and I didn't want to interrupt their dinner, so I just gushed from afar!
This week has been back to life as usual. Next week, I plan on returning back to my regularly scheduled blogging, so I promise that Mom Friendly Meals and Working Mom Wednesday posts will be up this week. And of course I have to participate in Fill in the Blanks Friday, my new favorite weekly post! This week's theme is my favorite holiday EVER...Thanksgiving!!! Join in the fun at The Little Things We Do!
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year: Going to my sister in law's for Turkey. Best part- she lives 5 minutes away!!
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was last years. It was Jack's first Thanksgiving, and since he was just a few weeks old, we hosted. Even though sometimes our house is a bit cramped when we host, I still love it. We had a great day and I particularly loved Jack's turkey onesie that said "I'm Stuffed"!
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is ever changing. Kevin and I are big foodies and are always looking for a new exciting dish to make. One thing we always make the day AFTER is our Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole...I'll be featuring the recipe on Monday and I promise you won't want to miss it. 4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is Everything!! I'm not picky on Thanksgiving! 5. Thanksgiving free association! Football, Family, Turkey, Relaxing, Stuffing, Feeling Stuffed, Great Food and Great Times!
6. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. All you have to do is eat and watch football! How great is that?! For me it is one of the least stressful holidays because aside from the food, there is no prep work involved. Also, it is a wonderful day to reflect on your life and think about the things you are truly grateful for!
7. I am thankful for ...a beautiful son that lights up my world, a husband that is my best friend and has shown me a life that I truly cherish everyday, the best in-laws ever, family that is always in my heart no matter how near or far, good health, a cozy home, good friends, good food, and good wine!